VITO and its partners AVIA-GIS from Belgium, the Centre for Health Education and Diseases Prevention from Lithuania, the National Public Health Institute from Hungary and the Department of Epidemiology Lazio Regional Health Service from Italy have implemented a European Health service on the Climate Data Store.
The demonstration workshop will:
- demonstrate the service applications (heat/cold, allergenic pollen and vector-borne diseases) by the health partners;
- allow to test the applications yourself;
- invite participants to provide feedback and suggestions for future evolution.
This workshop is beneficial for health administrations and health policy advisors, health researchers and health practitioners who want to get access to relevant climate-health information.
The preliminary agenda is:
- Arrival with sandwich lunch (12-13h)
- Use of climate information at the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) by Bertrand Sudre (ECDC)
- Introduction to C3S/CDS and demonstration of operational examples by ECMWF
- European Health service overview
- User testimonials
- Heat/cold health impacts
- Allergenic pollen
- Vector-borne diseases
- Service hands-on introduction
- Evaluation and feedback collection